There's a new holiday on the horizon, so it's time for some new math games!
I'll bet you already have a stash of these deliciously engaging gold coins. What kid can resist them, right? If you don't have them, you can buy bags of 30 at Dollar Tree at this time of year. Two or three dollars worth will go a long way with these games. Plus, you can use your gold coins again in September for pirate games on Talk Like a Pirate Day.
All your students will need to play these games is gold coins and dice - no game boards, no cards! A few of the games also require a whiteboard and erasable marker or just paper and pencil. If you'd prefer not to use the coins, two-sided counters are a perfect substitute!
Here are the games in this free set:
* Roll and Give - addition, sums through 12
* Roll and Take - addition, sums through 12
* Shamrock Toss and Tally - counting, tallying to 50
* Away with the Coins - subtraction from six or less
* Toss Ten - combinations of ten
* Roll, Tally, Stack - addition sums through 12, tally marks
In this free file, you'll receive a task card/directions card for each of these games, as pictured here.
If you're looking for a wee bit more St. Paddy's Day math practice, here's a set of riddle cards for two-digit numbers. Can your students find Lucky's Magic Number? See the details at my TpT store, and download the preview for four free cards!