Are you looking for another way to keep the fun in your math centers and small groups? Try math riddle task cards! They're a great way to provide your students with lots of practice with math skills in a novel format.
Faithful readers know that I've been all about creating math riddle task cards lately. Although most of my resources are K-2, the latest in this series is movin' on up to third grade - multiplication riddles! Here's a sample.
Here are some ideas for using riddle task cards:
* For whole class review, use a card with your doc camera
* In a math center for individual or partner work
* To focus attention at the beginning of your math lesson, these make a great activity, again with
your doc camera
* For a fun skills review rotation, have your students move around the classroom ala "Scoot!", solving clues either individually or with a partner
* Solve a few cards together as part of a small group lesson
* Use as morning bell-ringers
* At the other end of the day, use for exit tickets
* A fun no-prep activity for tutoring
* Keep the riddle cards handy for early finishers
I think you'll find this set will be a fun and useful addition to your classroom!