Sunday, May 1, 2016

A New Way to Think About Teacher Appreciation

Hi, Teaching Friends!







We have this little magnet at our house.





Its message, as you can probably guess, is to remind my husband of how much I love him, and how perfect we are for each other. We are so blessed.



I was looking at this magnet today and realized that it also makes me think of my relationship with my students over the years. Not in an unhealthy, over-the-top way (okay, maybe a little over-the-top, sometimes ... Type A personality stuff, Overworkers Anonymous, etc.). 

Despite all the stresses of teaching today...

...my students have been the cheese in my macaroni,  when we giggled together at one of their silly jokes.

Like mine, your students are the flip in your flop when you teach a great lesson and every one of them is right there with you.

They're the glaze to your donut when you hear them teaching each other and they sound just like you, right down to your favorite expressions and tone of voice.

They're the spring in your step when they work really hard to understand a new concept - and they get it!

They're the cherry to your sundae when one of your sweeties says she wants to be a teacher when she grows up ... just like you.

They're the twinkle in your eye when you and your littles share an inside joke that no one outside your classroom would really get.

Actually, they're the twinkle in your eye almost all of the time. They're the reason that you call them "my kids", even if you do have children of your own at home.
,


People don't get love and laughter like this in just any old job, you know.



And so, as Teacher Appreciation Day approaches, you might be swamped with gifts and sweetly scrawled love notes. Or you might not.

It doesn't much matter in the long run, really, because you  know that what you already have is something very special.

You might want to think about Teacher Appreciation Day in a whole new way this year.
This is the year to think about how much you appreciate the privilege of being the one who teaches, nurtures, guides, challenges, encourages, loves, gives wings, and changes lives... and the one who gets SO MUCH in return every day.

Appreciate being a teacher.



Please enter our giveaway! Then scroll and click to find out what some of my favorite teachers have to say on this month's I Teach K-2 Linky!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

An InLinkz Link-up




Happy Teaching!




7 comments:

  1. What a fun post to share Linda, perfect for this week!
    Christine Maxwell Hand to Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Linda! I appreciate being a teacher every day!
    Diane
    One Giggle At A Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful, Diane! Gratitude leads to contentment,which is a happy way to live!

      Delete
  3. I'm retired and tutoring kids. I'll soon be 70 and I love my kids and I love being a teacher. I get my energy from my kids and I give them knowledge, love and encouragement back. I appreciate the teachers that work with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As they say, "Once a teacher, always a teacher!" How wonderful to still have so much energy and enthusiasm after many years of teaching!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...