Thursday, October 3, 2013

"October is More Than Halloween" Freebie Linky Party

Hi, Teaching Friends!

There are two months in school that always drove me crazy with the number of holidays and events they included. Okay, there were more than two, but these two were EXTRA jammed full! One was February, which was busy enough with groundhogs, hearts, and presidents before the math holiday-of-all-holidays, 100th Day, came along (don't get me wrong... I think the 100th Day is great fun and a super learning opportunity!!). The other, of course, is this lovely month of October. 


Personally, I'm not a fan of the hugeness of Halloween in school, and I am most definitely not a fan of ghouls, ghosts, devils, skeletons, and the scary aspects of Halloween being any part of the school activities this month. Let's keep it cute, people - pumpkins, candycorn, and adorable costumes, thank you.


Halloween aside, there are just so many events to note in school this month, like  Fire Prevention Month, Columbus Day, Bullying Prevention Month, Red Ribbon Week, and quite likely others I've forgotten. Not to mention football, plus all the fun of the changing seasons! Please feel free to remind me of others in your comments below!


So, let's have a linky party that celebrates the rest of October, which is really so much more than just Halloween. K-2 freebies only, all for October ... but we'll leave all of the Halloween stuff for the other linky parties out there!

Linkbacks appreciated, of course!  I can't wait to see what you'll share - thanks for joining in!








Happy Teaching!



6 comments:

  1. I am so with you! I'm not a big fan of Halloween either. Not. At. All. I've linked up a fall product, since I'm a BIG fan of fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Apparently I can't read directions. I linked a paid product. I'm so sorry. There is a freebie in my TPT store that is part of the Fall Literacy Activities product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it right this time! Freebie link above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem at all, Jan! So glad you linked up!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting us link up. Great resources! :)

    www.iheartliteracy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice of you to add your goodies to the party, Margaret! :)

      Linda

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...