Thursday, January 10, 2013

Such Pinteresting Ideas!

Dear Teaching Friends,

Are you on Pinterest?  I find myself waaaay too often in conversations where I hear myself saying, "I saw it on Pinterest...".

But I did. Really. So today I want to share with you some of my most popular pins. I have to say that it was kind of fun looking back to find these ... sort of like looking through a scrapbook! I hope they lead you to some interesting finds for your classroom!


I always had a basket of assorted stuffed animals that my first graders loved having as a book buddy on occasion -no feedback like with a real book buddy, but a fun novelty.  Take it up a notch with colorful "adopt a monsters" (which look washable, by the way - yay!). What kiddo wouldn't want to read to a monster? It actually comes from a blogpost about a birthday party here, but some genius of a teacher saw the potential!


 
 
If you and your class watch episodes of "Between the Lions" (time well-spent, by the way - at least  recommend it to parents!), you'll already be familiar with the catchy tune about the double vowel rule... "When two vowels go walking, the first one does the talking, in "meat" you hear the "e" but not the "a"...."   This pin shows what one clever teacher did to keep that tune in her students' heads. Look at these adorable vowel cups, just ready to become a terrific sorting center! There's not a lot of info at the link, but a few hints in the comments about where to find the makings for your own set.
 

 
 
 
 
Here's a link to a collection of super creative ideas for using plain old stickers to improve scissor skills. Motivating and ingenious! Link to it here.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Last is this little bit of total sweetness which I am told is in the Curious George movie. It's a YouTube video of a Jack Johnson song. I think it would be a lovely transition song, or great for the beginning of school! Or maybe I'll just listen to it again now, just because it captures primary grade
kiddos so perfectly, and that's where my heart is.

 

 
 
 
If you like my "finds", I hope you'll stop by my boards to see what else might be your inspiration!
 
 
 
Happy Teaching!
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...