Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Best and Brightest of Blogging in 2012

Hello, Teaching Friends!

Christina Bainbridge over at Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge is hosting a linky party celebrating the teaching blog high points of 2012.




This has been my first full year of blogging (started in late November of 2011), and the words "my blog" still sound kind of funny to me when I hear them come out of my mouth! I never would have guessed that this would be something I'd have embarked upon in retirement. But being that I love teaching and sharing teaching ideas,and really enjoy writing, too, it has turned out to be a very good fit for me. And you, dear readers and followers, have been kind enough to indulge me and even encourage me - thank you!!

Here are some of the highlights of this year of blogging.

My most popular post was Autumn Inference Riddles. With over 23,000 visits, it also became a freebie in the TPT newsletter. Autumn Inference led me to making a whole new line of products - riddle sets!

Most surprisingly popular post this year? "Make This Simple Center", a (truly!) simple idea for scanning text for sight words. With close to 13,000 views and counting, it amazes me every time I see it  in my blog stats again!

This year, I discovered that I love hosting linky parties! My first one back in April was a dismal failure. Maybe the title was the problem... "Making Classroom Resources" just didn't capture where I was trying to go. My pinterest board "Free Stuff for Making Classroom Resources" (equally catchy, eh?) is actually doing the job much better than a linky. But it did lead me to eventually head back into linky parties, Turkey Time in November and Candy Cane Lane in December. It's fun to see what everyone else is creating and to help fellow bloggers help their blogs and businesses grow!
Get your snow activity links ready - I'm setting up another linky party this week!

Some of the best moments have been the opportunity to share "elevating moments" about fellow teachers and our profession, and to be a part of groups helping fellow teachers. I loved introducing you to Sharon Dudley, a blind teacher and TPT author, and to Dr. Kylene Beer's "Open Letter to America's Teachers".  It was an honor to be a part of Cynthia Vautrot's fundraising efforts for her fellow teacher Theresa Williams , and Laurah Jurca's Teachers Help Teachers hurricane relief work after Superstorm Sandy.

Sharing with Fistful of Friday Freebies has also been fun - sorry it's gotten kind of sporadic lately. The link will take you to a new page where I've listed all of the Fridays in one spot.  Five a week, 15 weeks... do the math! :)

I dearly appreciate all of you, your comments, and your support, and I look forward to sharing ideas ( and lots and lots of freebies!!) in 2013!

Please be sure to stop by Christina's blog to see what other bloggers are sharing about their bright spots in blogging!

Happy Teaching!




 

5 comments:

  1. Cute blog!! I am yor newest follower!!

    Kathy O
    Third Grade Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kathy! Nice to have you here!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! Can't wait to check out your blog some more!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for setting up the linky, Christina. What a great idea!

      Linda

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...