Thursday, November 15, 2012

Just for a Change... Yummy Holiday Recipe Linky!

Dear Teaching Friends,


Mmmmm... whether it's beautifully iced sugar cookies, a sparkling punch, or even a good ol' green bean casserole, there's just something so special about favorite holiday foods! First Grade and Fabulous is hosting a Holiday Recipe Linky Party. What a great idea - we all know that everybody trots out there faves for an occasion like this, so why not add something new and special on your table this year?


 
 
My contribution is something I've been making every Thanksgiving since 1986. Yes, I am well aware that makes it an ancient recipe for some of you who weren't even born yet in 1986!  It's probably the most versatile thing I make. Very nice as a hot side dish for your holiday meal. Also a great dessert, especially topped wth a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Around here, it's even been known to make a leftover appearance at the breakfast table- after all, it is oatmeal with fruit. It's a do-ahead recipe and I'm told that it can even be frozen , although I haven't tried that myself.
 
I wish I had a picture to share. If I get a moment to breathe before we sit down at the table next Thursday, I'll take one and pop it in here. I hope you'll give it a try and let me know what you think!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just a reminder... if you haven't checked back at the Turkey Time Linky Party lately, there are now 106 link-ups! Wow! Thanks, everybody, for sharing your great ideas and resources! Click on the pic to stop by and find something great for your class!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Happy Teaching  - and cooking!
 
 



 


 
 
 




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...