Thursday, October 4, 2012

FREE to the First 10 Commenters!

Hi, Teaching Friends!

What a week this has been! I've been so encouraged by the many downloads of Autumn Inference,
my newest freebie at TeachersPayTeachers. I am beyond delighted to think that so many of you  plan to include this riddle set in your instruction. Thank you!!!

Many thanks also for the outpouring of encouragement in your kind and gracious comments. I feel like Lily's teacher in Lily's Purple Plastic Purse - Wow. All I can say is WOW!

So, at your request, I've been working on more riddles!  I posted a set of alphabet riddles yesterday...




...and tonight I posted another set, Winter Wonderings: 24 Riddles for Key Details and Inference.


 
 
These riddles have content connections - winter holidays, names of months, etc. - so they can actually be considered a form of informational text. They are Common Core aligned. Riddles are a great way to teach your students how to sort out relevant and irrelevant choices (a.k.a. key details!).


Would you like to have the Winter Wonderings riddle set for your class? Be one of the first ten to leave a comment here on this post, and it's yours! Please be sure to leave your email with your comment.

Happy Teaching!

 





18 comments:

  1. These look fantastic! It looks like you've worked really hard :)

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists
    coffeekidsandcompulsivelists@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love these for my classroom! They look great! Thanks!
    sdavis6281@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love a copy! Thank you so much!

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I would love a copy.
    Marcy
    marcy_sundling@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My students love riddles and funnies! I would love a copy for my class of special ed boys!

    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    EMAIL
    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great and I'm wanting to teaching 1st next year! Would be very helpful!

    Kylie
    downunderteacherblog@gmail.com
    Down Under Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I'm one of the ten, I'll take a copy. Thanks. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inferences are always something I am gathering resources for. Thanks for the opportunity to grab a free copy!
    Storie
    atozscrapbook@gmail.com
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love these for my classroom.

    cotoclaudia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love a copy of this. It look great!
    Kirsty
    littlelearners101@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, everybody -that's 10! I'll be sending out your copies tomorrow! Enjoy!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! Looking forward to receiving them!
    sdavis6281@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not number 10, but wanted to say that I really like this unit!!!!!! ellen.yucht@imagineschools.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops...sneaking in at #15! Great unit!
    ~Jane
    rsmiramo@smsd.org

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I am not in the top ten BUT this is such a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great big THANKS to all of you, and especially to you extra-kind souls who commented even knowing you were after the first 10!
    I guess I'd best keep working hard on riddle sets! :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...